Sunday, May 29, 2011

i dream of a distant time. distant from here. distant from now. into the distance.
and i forget about myself. the person i am now. the person i wont be later. and i forget to take care of myself.
i remember a time when i cut my hair short, when i drank two liters of lemon water a day, when i read in abundance. when i ran for hours each day. practiced yoga on a wooden floor. when i was the best i could be.
i remember a time when i was happy because i was happy. and for no other reason. i remember being strong. a mighty soul. i remember a year of pure, unadulterated, sublime happiness.

and i'd like to return to that state, but not necessarily that time. i want to take care of myself. i want to be healthy again. i want to be the best that i can be. for no other reason than myself.

No comments: