Monday, April 4, 2011

I received my acceptance packet from yellowstone today for the months of September and October. I'm not sure I'll accept as I'd much rather work in the summer of 2012.
I still haven't the courage to tell my parents of what I intend/hope to do this coming year. I am actively researching the possibilities and I've found exactly what I'd like to fill my time. I feel my insides knotting up when I even think of bringing it up.
I'm not sure what I want for myself. What I want for my future. My nature is one rooted in wanderlust, in simplicity, in opposing conventionalism. And I think that a year off would help me unearth my soul, which as of late has been buried under a myriad of expectations, of worries, of dreams that are not my own. A year off would help me become acquainted with the person I know I am, the person that I am becoming.
This is something I desperately need. I'm not sure my parents will agree.

No comments: